Tuesday 9 February 2021

Back to 1944 again

Having spent so much time on The Idol of Gork scenario last year I decided to spend a bit of time on some of my Airfix models.

I've had some Airfix Panzer IV for years now and I gave them a pretty rubbish paint job back in the day so with the Boy and I spending a bit of time playing Airfix battles I decided to refurbish them.

I started off with a battered old Panzer II to test the paint scheme. I also had to carry out some repairs as this old veteran had lost its main gun and a number of it's wheels and one of it's tracks. (But it is a good 30 years old!)

This was an old Matchbox kit which is now available from Revell

 Once I was happy with the scheme I set to work on the Panzer IV's one is finished and is shown below. the other is nearing completion and both need new Decals. they're certainly far from perfect and they wouldn't win any awards  but they look half decent on the table top mowing down the Boys Tommies.

The scheme is a base of desert yellow washed with Nuln oil then dry brushed with desert yellow and bleached bone. The camouflage is bestial brown and Imperial Strike Green. All of the colours are either GW from the 80's and 90's (except nuln oil) or their equivalents from Coat'd Arms paints.

The black isn't quite as stark in real life but I'm thinking of toning it down with a dry brush of gunmetal grey from Humbrol. 






No comments:

Post a Comment