Tuesday 14 April 2020

Back to 1944 - Germans!

As we've been playing Airfix Battles recently I've been busy painting up my old Airfix figures. So far I've been concentrating on the Germans specifically the troops required for the Second Scenario where the Germans have to capture an injured Allied Colonel.

First up we've got a unit of Veterans which form the guards for the Hauptman leading the team trying to capture the colonel.

These are from the Airfix German Infantry set and they're pretty old as I bought them as a child in the 1980's. They're armed with the MP44 which was the first proper Assault Rifle and grenades. In the game this allows them to re-roll misses when firing at adjacent squares. I tried to paint them in an approximation of one of the German late war camouflage schemes and I'm pretty happy with the result.

Next are the Pioneers a small team of 8 engineers armed with satchel charges and sub machine guns again the SMGs allow hem to re-roll misses when firing at adjacent squares. I didn't have any Pioneer modes so I've used a combination of Airfix mountain troops and  Luftwaffe ground support staff.

Finally we've got two squads of Grenadiers, these are the basic infantry troops for the Germans in the game and they're armed with Rifles, Light Machine guns and grenades and for later scenarios they carry two Panzerfaust anti tank guns.


I've still got two machine gun teams to paint up which will be all of the troops required for the Germans in Scenario two.

Now to build a ruined farm house to act as a forward command post for the injured Colonel to hide in.

Just arrived are some British reinforcements


 And the boy has finally finished his Jeep and 75mm artillery gun for his 6th Airborne troops

No comments:

Post a Comment