Wednesday 10 June 2020

Terrain

So as promised in my last Blog post I'm going to start recording my terrain and scenery building projects on here as well as the minis. I'm a big fan of card stock terrain for lots of reasons, it's cheap, looks good, can be built easily and quickly and it's very nostalgic

First up it's the watch tower and cottage from the 4th Ed boxed set. I've had these models since the early 90's when I received 4th Ed as a present. They're built simply with only bases and some foliage added. 

These Castle walls were downloaded from the Internet I forget where. again they're pretty quick to assemble. For these I printed them out on thin card and then made the basic structure from thick cardboard boxes.

The set comes with hexagonal towers and wooden hoardings which can be added to the walls. It also includes ruined versions of the towers and walls but I haven't built any of them yet.  These still need to be based and would benefit from some extra foliage as well.

These two pictures are to give an idea of the scale of the models. Here we've got 'Sid' my BTD Giant, a BTD Barbarian Orc and Slugdrool the troll from the Battle of Skull Pass


As well as building card terrain kits and printing out downloads I also enjoying making my own Card buildings and trying to draw them in am old school style

This is my current project, a card Blacksmiths workshop

This is my first model that I drew up after my prototype


This was my prototype building which was heavily influenced by the 4th Ed cottage you can see in the background


My big scratchbuild project is the Warhammer coaching inn from WD 143. I've been working on this for a looooong time now I'm hoping to get it finished by the end of the year.


The blacksmiths equipment comes from Black Tree Design and is under their dungeon accessories range. 





No comments:

Post a Comment